Thursday, April 5, 2018

Returning To WIP

I don't know precisely what the distinction is between the WIP (work in progress) and the UFO (unfinished object), but my own definitions mean that the intent is to get back to one (WIP) while the other is definitely off my radar and might be dealt with at some distant time (UFO).

Because the work on this was never far from my mind, and I definitely only put it away because I really did have UFO goals to meet most of last year, this WIP has at last made its way to my tabletop.


The quilt is going to be Stars and Chain from a very old Thimbleberries book. Last year at the Canter's Cave Retreat, several of us took up the common goal to sew a Thimbleberries pattern, or use Thimbleberries fabrics, or both. I wrote about it in this post, if you want further details.


The parts to the quilt have not seen the light of day for a year, and consequently, I had forgotten where I was, what the next step is, and where to direct my focus. I eventually got it all figured out, and made good progress on Monday when Sharon was here sewing with me. She had to listen to a good bit of grumbling and whining while I tried to solve the sewing mystery that came with this revisit.


I still had chain parts to make- brown ones, blue ones, and gold ones. Below are some blue ones in the chain-piecing process - here, I'm ready to cut off the corner triangles.


It feels good to get back to this. I still like the fabrics I chose, and I am excited to see the pieces coming together as well as they are. My sewing time has been rather limited this week, but perhaps this weekend I will be able to get a big hunk of time to devote to it.

Hope you are accomplishing great things!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!