Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Secret Sewing

So much of my recent sewing was of the secret variety and I just could not risk sharing here as I didn't want to spoil any surprises! Today, however, I can share a few things.


For my mother, I made these two pillows. The fronts are pockets and into each one I slid a paperback book. I saw this idea on Pinterest awhile back, and the patchwork was done with Christmas prints. I wanted Mom to be able to have the pillows out year-round, and I recalled that back in the spring when we attended a quilt show together, she was exceedingly fond of all the quilts made with 30s prints. It was a no-brainer to make her pillows using my scraps from the 30s stash. These took no time at all to make, and I can see a matching lap quilt coming along someday to complete the set. 


And at last, I can show you the finished wall hanging made for DD2. Emma had asked for this over a year ago! I bought the fabric, finally, this past April while at the Canter's Cave retreat. I began sewing on it at our Veteran's Day event in November. The final stitches were taken on Christmas Eve! I quilted it this past week, and hand-tacked the binding down. From all indications, Emma really loves it, and I am sure it will be hanging on her wall immediately. I hope it will lay flatter than what this picture is indicating. Being folded into a box has made it look somewhat misshapen.

Christmas continues with us as we are soon heading out for my f-i-l's for the day. DD1 and her husband will be joining us there.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pillow, the books were a great idea. I'm sure she loved them and of course, she needs a quilt to match the pillows. Have a great time at your FIL's place.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!