Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Old Ornaments

As we wind down our Christmas and begin the process of putting it all away for another year, I find myself feeling nostalgic for the earlier Christmases in my life. I put out only a fraction of the decorations I normally do, so not much of the old stuff made its way to our tree this year. Two ornaments that did are perhaps the simplest ones.

Back when we were young newlyweds and had little money for holiday decorations, I used my crafting skills to cross stitch some ornaments that could easily be popped into simple plastic frames and hung with ribbon on the tree. I suppose I made at least a dozen, but to my knowledge, only these two remain.



Aren't they sweet? I love their simplicity. Before everything goes back to storage, we plan to sort through all the boxes and tubs to weed out things we no longer want or need. It is possible that I will come across a couple more, and they will definitely go into the "keep" boxes.

Tomorrow, I will share some golden oldies from when I was a child. Now talk about nostalgia!

I am enjoying a couple of days of R&R before Christmas gets packed away. We drove home from my father-in-law's house earlier today, and even though it is December 27th, we still played Christmas carols while on the road. It's nice to let Christmas linger, wouldn't you agree?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely decorations and definitely for the keep box ☺ Or tree is full of decorations that hold memories including some trimmed with my friends delicate handmade lace, my cross stitch and decorations made by our children including a loo roll wise man! I hope you have been able to relax and enjoy the post-Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!