Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Matthew and Lindsey's Wedding Quilt

Last month a sweet couple got all hitched up, and now I can finally give them their wedding present. I took forever in deciding which quilt to give them, and once I thought I'd decided but then at the 11th hour, I changed my mind. I really should have had this all done prior to the wedding - I definitely had plenty of time. I was just so indecisive!


I shopped the quilt closet here in the quilting room for this gift. I made the pinwheel quilt using a Thimbleberries pattern. This quilt is small-ish; I will refer to it as a nice picnic quilt or a back-of-the-couch quilt.


I used two fabrics and pieced the backing. I have always loved this little quilt top, and now it will go to live with two happy newlyweds. I hope they will love it, too.


I finished the binding Saturday night. Later today, my friend Cheryl, the mother of the groom, will stop by to pick it up for delivery to the couple.

Today is sewing with Sharon! I have a little project to finish for Christmas and I hope to continue working on the December UFO - those Kaffe Fassett tumblers. It will possibly be getting its borders today! woo-hoo!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!