Thursday, November 30, 2017

Ending A Productive Month

November has been very good to me as far as finishes go. One never knows when the month begins just how much can be accomplished, but as I look back, this month's efforts have been quite satisfying.


I created this collage of the highlights of the month, and still I don't have everything. The first shot is of a china cabinet at my mother's house. Several of my siblings and I helped her decorate her house for Christmas last Saturday. This is just one highlight pic of our efforts. Next is expectant-mama Elisa with the baby quilt I gifted her. Then we have a cute couple - my great Uncle John and Aunt Nina. We had a fun family-reunion-type weekend with them in Columbus. The first pic in the second row is a surprise that I have yet to write about. I will divulge more on it as we enter December. Center stage is my little Thanksgiving wall hanging. Another cute couple round out the middle row - brother and sister Matthew and (another) Elisa; the occasion for the fancy dress is Matthew's wedding, which was on the 11th. In the bottom row we have DD Emma and her boyfriend's sister with the baby quilt we made. Next is the wall hanging I made for Emma (which still needs to be quilted), and finally, the November UFO finished to the flimsy stage.

In addition to the collage highlights, these past few days I have worked on using up my Roman Holiday remnants. You saw in yesterday's post my 30" square HST flimsy. Since then, I have worked on smaller HSTs, this time with the goal of making Broken Dishes blocks. After all the HSTs are finished off, I will still have some rectangular pieces remaining in the tub and some very scrappy strips. It remains to be seen what will be done with those.


As I look ahead to December, I definitely plan to finish my last UFO for the year. I will be so glad to be done thinking about UFOs for awhile! The tub of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, above, will figure heavily into finishing that UFO. Yes, another KF quilt.*smile*

In addition, I have a quilt top needing to be quilted for that groom you met above, and his beautiful bride, Lindsey. When these are done, I think I will just play. Picking up whatever I want and doing something fun with it - now there's a luxury I haven't been able to enjoy all that much this year. With no pressing deadlines hovering over me, December seems like a perfect month to simply play.

Hope you find some time to play, too!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!