Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October UFO

My task this month in the UFO challenge is to finish Tell It To The Stars, a quilt-along project I began in 2014. Judy at Patchwork Times hosted the year-long event, and I did okay until about October of that year when I just fizzled out. After sitting in storage for three years (the quilt top, not me!), I am ready to finish it off. Click here to read my original post about this quilt.


The photo above shows how far along I am - and I truly had forgotten how much of it was done. What a pleasant surprise. I've just this morning pulled it out of the closet. This should be an easy UFO to complete.


I vaguely recall what forced me to halt my work on this quilt. After piecing that spiky green border (which was very detailed, as I recall) I thought all that was left was to do a solid outer border or perhaps a small containment border and then a larger outer border. I was wrong. I had to do one more pieced border. Having just finished what I thought was the last of the piecing, I wasn't in the mood for more apparently, so I quit.

Doesn't take much to turn me off a project, does it? Below is the pieced border that forced my shutdown.


Thankfully I had the good sense to print out a copy of the remaining steps. I have spent some time studying the instructions and I do believe I can finish without too much effort. I look forward to being able to claim another small victory in the UFO challenge. Getting this to the flimsy stage will make me quite the happy gal. Wish me luck!

Just to keep things interesting, I am joining the One Monthly Goal challenge at Elm Street Quilts blog. I did one earlier this year, and figure I am sufficiently ready to try again. It's fun to see what other quilters will be finishing this month. And, I have also snuck in to the party at Silly Mama Quilts.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. love your quilt top!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal to finish a UFO. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!