Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Scrappy Stars

I took a bit of time yesterday afternoon to try out some scrappy stars using the Thimble Blossoms pattern I bought Sunday evening. (see previous post) These were tons of fun to make, and I am trying to be more diligent in my cutting, measuring and trimming, among other things.



The top block was my first and it has some minor issues, but when used in amongst 144 other little scrappy stars, I doubt those issues will matter. The bottom block came out much better because I was more careful about cutting, trimming and matching seams. I don't have any firm plan for completing this quilt quickly, but I do think I will try to make a few at a time and just let the stack grow until I have accumulated the necessary 145 stars. Won't this be a fun quilt?

Busy day today, Peeps, so I am off!
Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. I read the last post to see how big these stars are, 4 1/2". They are going to be lovely. I like the top star best, that yellow really make it pop. Have fun making them!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!