Friday, August 4, 2017

Playing Middle Man

Word of mouth seems to bring me customers from out of the blue. After delivering Elizabeth's t-shirt and memory quilt about 3 weeks ago, I received a call from a woman who knew that family, but that I did not know at all. She'd seen Elizabeth's quilt and wondered if I could be of help to her in getting her antique Sunbonnet Sue quilt top quilted with the goal of gifting it to her 91-year-old mother. (I hope you can follow that convoluted introduction!)

I am in a rush this morning to get to a lunch date with a high school friend, so all I have time for is to share this picture of the quilt top. I will fill in further details when I slow down. *grin*


I have already stay-stitched the outer edge, prepped the backing and delivered it to Terry for long-arm quilting. When I get it back, I will put the binding on, and I am pretty sure I will do it by hand rather than by machine. It just seems fitting for such an old quilt so lovingly appliqued.

More later!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I can remember seeing Sunbonnet Sue quilts at my grandmother's house. They looked just like that...sweet! Have fun with your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!