Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Frankfort Girls

The gals all came to my house Friday morning for our regularly scheduled get-together, the second time in a row that all 6 of us were present! I love when we can all attend - it makes for such wonderful catching up and fellowship. Let's have a look at some of our projects.

Jan shared a recent finish. She made her primary-color zig-zag quilt. She gave each of us this quilt as a kit when we were at Canter's Cave last month. Remember she had that zig-zag theme going on in primary colors? Here's a reminder, if you want to click back. Anyway, look at how gorgeous the quilt is!



Sharon O. is making a bag with elongated hexies in EPP-style. The versatility of this EPP craze is nothing short of impressive, and Sharon's bag will be, too.



At one of our recent get-togethers, Sheryll showed us the quilt she made for her daughter's upcoming wedding. It is now at the quilter's and I don't think I blogged about it, but Sheryll is using scraps from the quilt to make this pretty hexie quilt. It looks fantastic.


Even though I didn't blog about this quilt, I did take a picture of it. I am sure that when it is returned from the quilter, I will have a chance to photograph the finish.

I made a bit of progress on a hexie flower and sifted through a big tub of EPP templates that Jan brought. I also stitched a random 9-patch block made from the cut-away parts of the backing on my paper-pieced quilt. Haven't made a 9-patch in ages - guess what - it's still fun!


Terry and Becky came too, but I couldn't tell you what they worked on. We spent a lot of time looking at quilt books and planning a block-swap. Maybe all they got done was that! We also drew #2 for the June UFO. I will fill you in on what that is for me in a future post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a post on my blog today, you came in as no-reply blogger so I searched for your blog;) Love your grey and yellow NYB, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!