Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hello April!


Hooray! It's April! I just love the beauty that comes with April. Trees bursting their leaves; lilacs and dogwoods and peonies; the clearest blue skies. Ahhh, so, so welcome.

I hope to come  up with some beauty from my sewing room, too. I'm chomping at the bit to make those last three Swoon blocks and to get my Thimbleberries project cut out for the retreat at Canter's Cave. But first, I have to finish the baby quilts! I am eager to finish those, too, so it's not like I'm having to force myself to work on them. I just wanna' do it all! Not very realistic, I know.

Today, I'm not doing any of the above. I plan to tackle piles of scraps pulled from a deeply buried tub last week - I will press the bits and cut usable parts, most of which will be 2.5" squares or 2.5" strips. That seems to be the most likely to be used in my scrap stash, and I keep adding more.



What old, old pieces I found. These should have been dealt with decades ago. Being a person who saves everything, there's entirely too much of this sort of stuff taking up space in my sewing room. This will whittle down a tiny bit, but if I can keep going, it will all add up to major improvements. Yay!

Hope you have a wonderful April!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy April! I have to finish getting my sewing room ready to work in there (after the move) and hopefully will be able to start working soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is an awesome time of year! I just love all the color and promise it brings! Using up scraps is fun...lots of mindless stitching to simply relax with. Have a SUPER Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!