Friday, March 3, 2017

I've Dithered Long Enough

Dithering prevents one from getting anything done. Since about 2011 or 2012, I have dithered about making a Swoon quilt; I keep finding things to think about or options to consider or combinations to ponder - all for what? Am I going to make a quilt I don't like? I doubt it. Most everything I've ever made has pleased me.

Recently, the designers came out with a smaller version, and I saw gazillions of blocks on the blogs and on Instagram with three colors plus a background instead of two plus a background. I now had MORE to take into consideration!

Finally, the new month and a relatively clean slate prompted me into action. By gosh, just make the pattern you have and get on with it! Dither no more!


I began making this block with totally different fabric. Then I decided that I ought to make a sample block first, so grabbed some fabric on my table - that center blue/aqua and some white. I stopped when I finished the center star block. After a couple of days, I thought, "Go ahead and finish the entire block using Kaffe Fassett fabrics." So I fished around in the stash to see what I could coordinate, and the result is what you see above.


So this is a sample or test block. You know what? I think I am going to stay with the KF fabrics and do the other 8 blocks.


Hopefully I can stay focused on this and get the rest finished - this month?? Maybe!

I will link up with  Finish It Up Friday; Amanda Jean always has such interesting guests participating in her linkups.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing those swoon blocks every where and wanting to join in, too. I'll have to find a tutorial. Love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!