Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Big Event Today!

I probably should have been hyping this previously, but today a famous quilter will be in Chillicothe at Old Town Quilt Shop on Water Street. I signed up for it about 6 weeks ago, and have been eagerly anticipating it ever since.

The guest is Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts. She's a new-generation quilter, young and vivacious, hip and cool, (my impressions of all these millennials who are joining and trendsetting in the quilting world!); her workshop today is on big-stitch hand quilting.

Now, if you've followed this blog for very long, then you know I am no stranger to this technique, as I spent 3 months doing that ginormous quilt for Erin last October-November-December. I won't link to anything because there are so many, but if you hit up that archive tool over in the side bar, you will be able to find them.

So why am I attending this? Well, one can always learn a few new tricks, you know, and I wonder if I did things the way she will be instructing. One thing I am curious about is burying the knots. I never did feel as though I had a good method of doing that. I also used a different type of thread than she suggests, so I would like to get her take on that.

I will be sure to take a few pics, and soak up as much information as I can, and then I will report back here next week!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!