Sunday, February 19, 2017

How to Beat the February Doldrums

Mid-February in Ohio - while we are having a warmer than normal winter, the skies are quite cloudy and gray. In an effort to brighten that gloominess, I have a quilt and a flower to share with you today.


I continue to stitch on my paper-pieced lap quilt. It seems I've worked on this for ages, but I don't work steadily, so that is why. It is nice to keep my calloused fingers toughened up, though. I do enjoy hand quilting.

We - DH and I - have been eagerly awaiting the blooming of an amaryllis he bought on deep, deep discount just after Christmas. Well, it happened! Look at this glorious color! Sure to brighten any February day!


It sits in front of a west-facing window and has thrived there. What a beauty!

I discovered a new program to watch on Netflix while I quilt - Broadchurch. It is a British murder mystery from a few years ago that is quite compelling.

I will be linking up with  Slow Sunday Stitching - hope you'll have a look around!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Amaryllis! And what a bonus, I saw another bud. Hand quilting can sometimes feel so slow because it's hard to see the progress. Stick with it, the end is in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is gorgeous. I've had Amaryllis before, though not this year. They are so much fun in the winter ...so tall and dramatic and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!