Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Elizabeth Begins!

One of the goals Sharon and I have for early '17 is to  make this gorgeous quilt by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilts. It's in her book Spice of Life Quilts and we've been mooning over it for awhile now.

Sharon was here today for sewing (Tuesdays now, since I teach M/W this semester). We spent at least an hour pulling out so many tubs and drawers and bins of fabric - it was quite a workout! I have finally made decisions on my fabric choices, thanks to Sharon's input. Her "eye" is so much better suited to this than mine. It's exciting to think about what we are coming up with! I needed browns and blues; Sharon needed pinks; we both needed backgrounds. Can you envision the chaos?

That's Sharon's tub of Luna Notte (3 Sisters/Moda). Beside it is a stack of miscellaneous pinks and backgrounds. We had some options and had much to consider.

Here we have the book with my choice for one of my neutrals - Rouenneries by French General. My choice for the brown is also pictured - it is Legacy from Howard Marcus/Moda Collection for a Cause.

And my wonderful fat quarter pack of French General's Pom Pom de Paris. How old is this? I have petted this so many times as it's aged in my sewing room - it will be so nice to have it used in an actual quilt at last!

This may be a first - blogging about something as it's happening. Sharon is still sewing; I have cut out most of the parts for the stars. Sewing those will be up next.

But first, we have to go to Frienzies tonight for dinner! Someone in the group is about to enter a new decade this month. We shall celebrate with an Italian dinner at Lyn's. I will take pics and provide a follow up soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

  1. love that quilt and the fabric choices. will be cool to see this one as it grows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to make that one! I can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like quite a project, can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!