Thursday, December 8, 2016

Another Finish!

It feels good getting one more quilt done this calendar year. I will hopefully have two more before turning the calendar - those t-shirt quilts I'm doing for commissions. Let's see today's finish, for now. Actually, the finish occurred on Tuesday, and I'm just now getting around to posting about it.

This Buckeye quilt is for a baby, and is more of a lap quilt size than a baby size. It measures at 72"x48". It was created off an idea from my cousin Marilyn; she showed us a baby quilt the first weekend of November. I began sewing this at our Veterans' Day sewing on Nov. 11. Gracious! That's less than a month for a complete turn around! I quilted it Monday while Sharon was here. Then I did the binding on Tuesday evening. Whoa Nellie!!

These aren't the most flattering pictures. Maybe I should wash it before gifting it and get it all smooshy and soft. Right now it looks rather scraggly. Oh well, I know it will be loved and used. It's going to some avid fans. I hope they wear it out!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!