Friday, October 21, 2016

Quilt Rack

When most of what I work on is hand quilting, I find that I don't have a great deal of interesting or varied pictures to share here on the blog. It forces me to get creative. I recently moved around some quilts and hung a fresh batch of quilts on the rack which sits at the foot of our bed. Every time I enter the room, I am greeted with these lovelies.

Previously, the two in front were folded and stacked in the guest room. I just hated that I wasn't enjoying them, so this has been a good switch-out.

The quilt made of 30s prints is called Tennessee Puzzle; I hand-pieced the blocks at some of my son's track and cross country meets when he was in high school. My grandmother hand-quilted it for me. Of course you recognize my 6-point star quilt next to it. I also hand-pieced this quilt at track and cross country meets, and just this summer finished off the hand-quilting. (There were far too many post on that finish!)

The middle row has my retirement quilt from my dear Frienzies, and alongside it is a quilt that Frienzie Kay made for DD Emma for high school graduation.

On the back row, the brown and pink quilt is a pattern from an old BH&G American Patchwork and Quilting magazine cover - I machine pieced it in a flash, and hand-quilted it not quite so fast. The blue quilt is Nine-Patch Criss Cross from Thimbleberries and was hand-quilted by my grandmother.


Okay, back to hand-quilting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Loving the hand quilting you are doing. And what a lovely array of quilts to show for all your hard work. Happy hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!