Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Too Busy to Blog!

Life has been crazy  hectic around here lately. That is probably all very relative, but for this retired gal, I sure have had a lot of irons in the fire. The iron labeled "blog" has been ignored more than I'd like as a result.

Oh well.

When I get a bit more caught up, I have a long, long list of posts waiting in the wings. So much productivity!! Wheeee! I think for today I just have to offer you a "tease" in the hopes that you won't give up on me!

Above is the beginning of a quilt that Sharon worked on Monday when she was here to sew. She has a kit called Shuttles from one of Kaffe Fassett's newer books. Doesn't this look fun?! It will certainly be colorful!

And while Sharon made Shuttles, I had a very different sort of productivity. Just get a look at this list of accomplishments:
1. sew the open end of a pillow closed;
2. make a backing for Erin's Diamonds;
3. make a backing for Antique Nine Patches;
4. make a backing for paper-pieced quilt;
 5. sew the rows together on Lorraine.

Yes, I accomplished ALL of the above! After several days of wandering aimlessly (always feel this way after finishing a big quilt), I buckled down on Monday and had a really satisfying day.

So stay tuned for more complete details on all of the above.

Today, I am off to sew all day at Terry's. It's been ages since we've all sewn together at her house! I am going to make a charity quilt for a military veterans' association. Again, more details to come.

Hey, don't forget to visit the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. I have entered in 3 categories (4 if you count my boo-boo entry). I know you will love seeing all the inspiring quilts on display, and don't forget to vote for your favorites in each category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!