Thursday, September 29, 2016

Sharon's Shuttles

I've had some time to catch my breath and can provide adequate attention to showing you the quilt Sharon began on Monday when she was here to sew. I teased you with it yesterday; today, you get the real deal.

The quilt will look like the one pictured on the cover of a Kaffe Fassett book, Quilts in Morocco. He calls it Shuttles, and the block is nothing more than a skinny snowball block. It looks fantastic! I can see why someone would want to make this quilt; it's hard to resist.

Awhile back, she ordered a kit from Hancock's of Paducah. She began work on it Monday. Here are some of her various steps.

The directions and the parts are set up beside her machine - little squares for the corners and rectangles for the centers.

And the sewing commenced. She made about two rows of shuttles by day's end.


Color! Glorious Color! This small sampling of blocks makes me very excited to see more! Then, there are the bonuses - the cut-away triangles from each corner. Don't throw them away!! Make pinwheels!

Nothing like getting two quilts for the price of one, right? She will have a bonus table topper or wall hanging out of the stuff that some would just throw away.

This catches you up with Sharon and her current project. I will share my Lorraine progress tomorrow.

One last thing: Have you yet visited the Blogger's Quilt Festival? I sure would appreciate it if you would head over there and look for my quilts in these categories: Mini Quilts; Hand Quilted; Original Design. Be sure to vote for your favorites! Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 1st.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!