Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Future Quilt

It doesn't matter how many projects a quilter has planned, ideas for new ones just keep coming. As if I don't have plenty on my to-do list, I have put together another fabric group for a "someday quilt" I want to make. The idea came to me after purchasing one of the fabrics from Terry's stash sale. That, plus my recent handwork on making 4-patch blocks. These two factors likely were the impetus for the birth of this idea.

The bottom fabric in the grouping above is the fabric that made my idea take shape. It reminded me of the pale rose or pink fabric I used in that doll quilt from earlier this year. I really like the look of that little quilt, and figured it would look pretty darn good as a full-size quilt, too.

Here's the little quilt.

So I have the rose-colored fabric for the setting squares. The neutral fabric on top will be used for the 4-patch blocks. I will attack my stash for the colored portion of those blocks. Should be easy to come up with plenty of variety.

And, of course, the black will serve to be the setting triangles. I think it will be a success, and I look forward to getting to work on it. Someday.

I will never, ever run out of quilts to make.
Ever.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. great color scheme and the black for the setting triangles sound really good

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!