Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Adding More 4-Patches

The stack of 4-patch blocks has grown a bit more since I last reported in. The Labor Day weekend kept me pretty busy, so extended time in the sewing room did not happen; instead, the time to pick up needle and thread and sew a quick 4-patch suited my attention span much, much better.


With the ones I have recently stitched and the ones made awhile back (so far back I can't even remember), I have 91 made. That's a good start on a quilt! Happy, happy!

I mentioned in this post that I would be thinking about how to set these blocks into a quilt, and this has been on my mind ever since. Here a couple of Pinterest pictures that might make the short list of possibilities.

Setting blocks in blue.
Setting blocks in neutral.
Set as the center of a star.
Set into a design to create a Jacob's Ladder-like block.
Set on-point with like colors creating a vertical design.
Set into a block on point and then used with setting blocks.

And one of my own creations provides a potential use of my 4-patch blocks. This little doll quilt would look fantastic turned into a full-size quilt.

While I continue to stitch up more of these adorable little blocks, I will also continue to ponder the endless possibilities for using them.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




4 comments:

  1. love the doll quilt coloring. isnt it fun to play with squares? I have been doing the same with my green 9 patches. they work up fast and before I knew it I had a quilt top ready to go.
    been working on Christmas projects lately. the latest is with fake fur. and boy does it get all over things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing more satisfying then simple patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are lovely settings for those oh so cute four patches. Can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to run down to the sewing room and make a bunch of 4 patches. I love the little doll quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!