Monday, July 18, 2016

Hello Cabbage Patch

Back about 2 weeks, if you recall, Sharon, Kay and I celebrated summer and Kaffe Fassett by coming together to make our own versions of his pattern Floral Columns. You can refresh your memory here.

In the days following that, I made a second version for the backing, which will make it a reversible quilt. However, knowing that one has to be larger than the other, I needed to add one more column. I did that last week.
My tubs of KF fabric were still sitting out, and so I began sorting through looking for something suitable. Cabbage Patch, above, seemed a perfect addition to the springier side of my quilt.

And here is a picture with the additional column. I like it next to the yellow column. The first version ended with that yellow column and I just added that Cabbage Patch fabric right onto it and I like it better as the edge. Happy. Happy.

Did you notice a different bed in my guest room? This is my grandmother's bed, which I've had sitting in our garage for about 3 months. DH and I finally switched out the old bed last week. We moved up the matching dressers and night stand soon after we got them, so now the room is complete. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!