Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sharon's Colorful Progress

We had a sewing day on Tuesday (yesterday) and Sharon continues to work on the colorful quilt using leftover 2.5-inch squares from an earlier project. This is going to be stunning!


All the little squares had been sewn into 36-patch blocks. No two blocks are exactly the same as each fabric strip was gradated in intensity. (There's probably a word for it, but I am not having any luck coming up with it.) Nonetheless, these blocks really pack a punch.

While I wrestled with measuring borders (see last post), Sharon actually made progress! She prepared all the sashing and cornerstones for the blocks, and next week when we sew again, she is ready to put all the parts together.

Tonight the Cavaliers are on TV again, and I am going to take my quilting frame downstairs to quilt while I watch. I stopped quilting my 6-pointed stars some months back, and it's been nagging at me to get it out and finish it.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!