Friday, May 6, 2016

Hexie Whims

Friday mornings with the Frankfort girls always means doing handwork. In my time with these wonderful ladies among other things I have made countless yo-yos, 9-patch blocks and 16-patch blocks, and when possible, I have stitched bindings around quilts.

Late last night when I was considering what to work on this morning, and having nothing readily available, I decided to do something I have had a hankering to do for quite awhile - make large hexagons.

JoAnn had loaned me a couple of her 4" plexiglass templates a few months back, and in grabbing them to take with me and return to her, I decided to cut a whole bunch of those hexies out to sew this morning.


And that is just what I did. The assortment above is what I managed to stitch in our 9-noon gathering this morning. What this shall become has yet to be determined; I am considering a table-topper, but that is a very loosely-formed idea.

For now, I am content to add a few more of these together and wait for ideas.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see this hexie project-- I have a pkg of 6" hexies and have no clue how to sew them together like you did-- would you be so kind to give me a mini tutorial?!
    Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I have posted a tutorial on making Hexies. Hope you get a chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!