Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Canter's Cave Wrap-Up

It's been a week since we arrived at Canter's Cave for our quilt retreat, so I think it's high time I got around to providing my wrap-up of all our work. We certainly were a flurry of activity, have no doubt about that.

First up, I will show you some of the recent finishes the gals had to share as we began our retreat. These are things that were finished before coming, yet needed to be shared.

Susan, a member of the Circleville guild, had the guild's mystery quilt finished. They worked on this when they had their own retreat about a month ago. I would love to make something like this; the construction would be so easy, and the variety could change for whatever purpose you had in mind for it.


A few posts back, I wrote about Sharon O. and her appliqued windows wall-hanging. It was my assumption that her project would be finished with 4 windows, but look - it was to be 6 windows!

The 3-D effects that go into this quilt make it so whimsical and fun. This will be a real treasure for the wall in her dining nook.

Laura brought her work-in-progress to show us. And yes, we all reacted with amazed wonder at this incredible Courthouse Steps effort using 1-inch strips. This is half of the quilt finished. The quilt requires 144 5-inch squares, so she still has 122 of them to make, in other words. Wow. The pattern is by Jo Morton and comes from American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, December 2010. Go ahead and get your own started! *yeah, right*

JoAnn had recently finished this wall hanging, and if it looks familiar, you are correct. I made the same pattern last year at this very retreat. I like her use of pastels for the flowers and green  for the border. Mine has a blue border, a checkerboard-look for the sashing, and brighter tulips. Click here to see mine under construction. Click here to see my finish.

Tomorrow,  I will have the new projects ready to share.
Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!