Monday, March 7, 2016

Market Day - Getting Started

About a week ago I mentioned that I had seen a really cute little quilt on a blog I read. That quilter explained that it was a super-old UFO from a free pattern by Pam Buda at her blog Heartspun Quilts. (Is that convoluted enough for you???) Well, I had to go all the way back to 2014 to find it, but there it was - free sew-along instructions for this little quilt in 2 sizes. Awesome! Click here to see pictures of the original.

After pulling the required fabrics, I cut and stitched Step 1 - a simple square-in-a-square block. The units for the larger version will measure at 3.5 inches; the units for the smaller version will measure at 2 inches.

 Since that was so easy and fast, I decided to go on ahead and do the second step which was to make quarter-square triangle blocks, aka hourglass blocks.

Four for the larger version.
Four for the smaller version.
So, as I have a bit of time, I will continue to crank out these parts for Market Day. Mostly, I need to finish Abby's quilt top and - get this - I have had 4 people contact me in the last week inquiring about commissioning quilts. It looks like I might become quite busy in the next few months.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!