Thursday, January 7, 2016

Production Line

I never have been recognized for setting the world on fire with blazing speed, and that applies, among many things, to constructing 32 tiny stars. But slow and steady wins the race, as the saying goes, so let's see the progress I have made.

These flying geese units measure 1" by 1.5". I have not been cutting away the neutral behind the points. Initially, I was also leaving the back side of the points, but with this batch, I did cut that part out, and I think the stars pressed out much more nicely.

The first 7 stars of 32 that I must make. You can tell which two were made first, as they have been trimmed.  I have begun to cut out parts for each star and sew them together in assembly-line fashion. It is much faster, as one would expect. I will do groups of 5 through the remaining 25 blocks that I need. I could try to do them all, but the parts are so darned tiny, I worry about losing those itty-bitty pieces.

A rainbow of stars. I am still euphoric with these pretty little things; I hope I don't lose my focus before they are all completed.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!