Sunday, January 17, 2016

Other Goings On

First, I finished off the repair job on the binding of Alexis's/Heather's quilt.


Late last night this picture popped up in my text messages. It was from Devin, and he said  "this quilt means more to her than you would ever know." Just about says it all, doesn't it?

 
After finishing Heather's quilt, I grabbed a little block made about 10-12 years ago. It was an orphan block from Frienzie Sherrie's retirement quilt. I recovered it from the clutter of my stash last month. I added the border and prepped it for quilting, but I had never gotten around to finishing the task. Voila! In just a few minutes I knocked it out. Is it a mat? A wall hanging? I don't know. Presently it is hanging on my wall.

Since it is Christmas-y, perhaps I ought to store it until next holiday season and bring it out for setting a candle on or to use as a centerpiece mat. We shall see.

Today, I am back to making little stars for that Pincushion Star doll quilt I started earlier in the month. I'd like to get 8-10 more made, if possible.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!