Sunday, January 10, 2016

Leisurely Stitching

I have no deadlines to meet with the two little projects I am currently working on, therefore I am taking a leisurely approach to finishing them. I now have a baker's dozen itty-bitty stars made for the Pincushion Quilt I showed you earlier (click here to see it).

A dozen makes a nice picture, so have a look at my little wonders. I have begun adding in some variety in the background fabrics, and I think I am going to like that haphazard look, so I will continue. I took a close up picture of the 13th star, since it was odd-man out.

With each star that I complete, I am surprised by the result that the combinations offer. I want the quilt to have an old-fashioned, primitive feel; I hope I am achieving that.

While watching wildcard football games last evening (omg - those Bengals!) , I did quite a lot of hand quilting on the little navy and beige Churn Dash quilt. It will very soon be ready for binding. With 2 more wildcard games today and some freakishly cold weather (our first real bout with winter!), I think time with needle and thread is just what I need today.

Since I don't really have any new stuff to share, allow me to mention another blog that I enjoy following called Sew'n Wild Oaks. I have her blog listed over on the sidebar along with lots of others; I click on hers regularly. I am totally infatuated with a quilt that she has designed called Lil' Orphan Scrappy; I have have had it on my to-do list for over a year. Well, I am finally going to break down and buy the pattern (even though I have sworn off new patterns!). She just keeps tempting me with these gorgeous stars and I simply must make this scrappy quilt. Fun, right?

In the blog-o-sphere, one click leads to another and another and another, and before you know you have made your way to heaven-only-knows how many more blogs. That is what I've done this morning, and I eventually happened upon a blog that celebrates hand quilting. As I, too, enjoy hand quilting, I checked it out and thought I'd share it here. Kathy's Quilts has a link-up party on Sundays, so I have linked to her today. Linking to other blogs exposes you up to even more quilting blogs - it's a massive place, this quilt blog universe.

Well, enjoy your travels through the world of quilting blogs and as always,
Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Your miniature work is stunning! Glad you are joining us over at Kathy's for Slow Sunday Stitching--welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!