Sunday, October 4, 2015

Welcoming Autumn

Most years, I welcome the change of seasons; as a 'glass-half-full' kind of gal, I enjoy what all the seasons have to offer. But this year I have been a bit melancholy at the prospect of the end of summer. It was rainier than usual this year and I didn't get many pool days, so that may have prompted my mood. Getting out some of my fall things has helped; I'm ready to embrace the new season, and wave a fond farewell to long, lazy days.

A couple of years ago I made this little table topper. It fits the center of the kitchen table perfectly, and looks nice with my candle centerpiece. I had it out for the card club on Thursday night and it got several compliments. I have several small pumpkins and gourds, along with Indian corn and popcorn displayed around the house. I don't go all out for Halloween decorating, but a few fall things here or there suit me fine.

Table toppers and table runners are an easy way to change out the seasonal decorations. JoAnn recently finished two UFOs at a sewing day we had at Terry's.

I just love seeing the variety we always seem to have. The Maple Leaf quilt was a kit; I think she will be quite glad to have these two projects finished so that she can use them immediately.

Today is my mother's birthday; a little later we will be meeting her and several of my siblings at a restaurant for a celebration. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, so we might double-up on the celebrating! *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. The table toppers and runners are so pretty. I love Fall! You've inspired me to get started on some Fall quilting projects! I especially like your table topper.

    We're still having triple digit temperatures here in SoCal, so I'm definitely looking forward to some cool weather.

    BTW, I love Grandmother's beautiful red and white, and blue and quilts. Her work is so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!