Saturday, October 24, 2015

Quilt Festival Entry

On a whim, I have entered one of my quilts into a bloggers' quilt festival hosted by Amy Ellis on her blog Amy's Creative Side. If you enjoy going to quilt shows, then think of this as a virtual quilt show.

Long Road Home hangs in front of Tag Sale, both hand quilted.
The quilt I have entered is my hand-quilted Long Road Home. I finished it back in May and it currently hangs in my sewing room. Below is a shot taken the day I was finishing the binding.

My version of Long Road Home is not at all like the one pictured on the pattern, shown below. The original is much less scrappy. Those large blocks of color are supposed to be more neutral. I went into this with the intent of using from my stash - I definitely didn't want to buy neutrals  when I had so much I could pull from right at my fingertips. And now that it is finished, I am so happy with the results.
The Long Road Home by Red Crinoline Quilts
Long Road Home by Red Crinoline Quilts

This is a close-up shot of my version which shows the quilting a little bit better. I opted for a simple cross-hatch quilting design. It has some imperfections, but, hey, it's finished.

So, how this quilt festival works is this: you are invited to go to the link for the quilt show and vote for your favorites in all the various categories. You can vote in all the categories, but I sure hope I can count on you to give my humble effort a vote in the Hand Quilted Category. Think of this as my campaign for your vote (as we close in on the presidential primary in a couple of weeks). Voting begins on October 29, and I will be sure to post reminders.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt you have made, fabulous work!!
    You must use a frame when quilting on a big quilt like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and saying such nice things! I really love your scrappy version much more than the pattern pic! Did you enter it in hand quilted or scrappy category? So much fun to run into others that still hand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy quilt well done! also your blog is gorgeous too, lots of wonderful incentive here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning quilt. I love the texture from the hand quilting and the colours are perfect for this time of year:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The number of quilts you do is incredible. They are all beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ladies! You are all so very kind. I normally respond to comments by email, but since a couple of your are "no reply" commenters, I thought I would add a note here to let you know I haven't been ignoring you! I am entering this in the hand-quilted category.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay "Beginner" Jayne ;) This really should be your "entry" in the Festival, the link to share in the Hand Quilted category...but no worries, just add a link to this post in the one you have posted in the Quilt Festival, so folks can see a bit more of the quilt and the story with it :) Because there will be another round of voting, by category, after the Viewers Choice is narrowed down. :) Hope this helps, instead of confuses... :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!