Friday, October 9, 2015

Finished Place Mats

Quilting these place mats is taking longer than I had expected. My intent was to do all 16 yesterday, but I actually only managed to get 4 done. Now, perhaps it's just a matter of my not being focused rather than my being slow. I did have company coming to visit the sewing room, so instead of sewing, I felt compelled to finish the last of the cleaning that I'd been meaning to do. Dividing my attention between place mats and cleaning resulted in less productivity on said place mats.

That's a long explanation, and frankly, you probably don't care. So let's see those place mats.

I used the walking foot on my machine to sew the top to the back and batting. Left space open for turning. Pressed as neatly as possible, then stitched close to the edge all the way around.

 Then I quilted in the ditch of the few seams vertically and horizontally. That was all. Press again, and finished. I like how this set of 4 turned out. I'm hoping I have an equally good result with the remaining 3 sets.

We are off to my father-in-law's house for a day or so. Gotta' go fix up a hand-stitching project to take along.
Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!