Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Forgotten Project

Years and years ago, I began working on this wall hanging.

 It has been hand pieced and hand quilted. I have a vague recollection of buying the background fabric on a trip to a quilt show in Grand Rapids, MI, with my friend Kay. That was ages ago - like maybe around 25 years! If it has been that long, you can see why my recollection is a bit fuzzy.

Toward the end of the quilting of this wall hanging, I was having a hard time seeing the chalk lines I'd drawn of the quilting design on the borders. Since I couldn't find the template to retrace it, I apparently just stuffed it in a bin and forgot about it.

This is the sort of thing one finds when one cleans a sewing room.


I probably could have located the template and retraced the missing part. I was so very close to being done! There was maybe 6-8 inches of stitching left to finish. I just "eye-balled" it instead. It's by no means perfect, but guess what? It's DONE!

I finished quilted it during the OSU-Maryland game on Saturday, trimmed and bound it on Sunday, and hand stitched the binding in the car on our way to the birthday bash at Max and Erma's Sunday evening.

Whoo-hoo!

I have had a full week of sewing and quilting fun. On Monday, Claudia, my faithful student was here for a quilting session, and yesterday I spent the day sewing at Terry's. I have all of that to share, too, so come on back tomorrow.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!