Friday, September 18, 2015

Chickens, Corn and Farmers

You will get a sense of a farm theme with today's post, dear readers. In recapping all the sewing we did at Terry's on Monday, I somehow managed to overlook the fabulously fun applique project our hostess was working on.


These two panels comprise portions of a UFO Terry is finishing up. She worked diligently at her machine, ever-so-carefully appliqueing all those odd shapes.

And, to fully wrap up Monday's sewing at Terry's, I need to share a picture of what yours truly worked on. My friend Kathy, who commissioned me to do 2 throw-sized quilts out of her late husband's work shirts, wanted me to go ahead with a third quilt of the remaining shirt fabric. Leftovers were plentiful, so this is a sizable quilt. Those are 8.5" squares (finished to 8") and it measures 72"x80". I am leaning toward not using any borders. It is still spread out on the guest bed as I consider options. If I were to use borders, there is not enough work shirt fabric left to do it, so I'd have to go with another - likely flannel - option. I'll keep thinking. Eventually, the right idea will come. No border is winning, at the moment.

And that concludes the report of Monday's sewing. Took me all week to do it. In the meantime, I have begun my red and white quilt, and have been stitching away on several dozen hourglass blocks.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!