Saturday, August 22, 2015

Snappy Bag

Pinterest. Are you a fan? I love it, and find ga-zillions of ideas that I like. One that I recently saw sent me to the sewing machine today. It seemed so simple and fast, I just had to give it a try.

The woman who created this little bag has a blog called Gourmet Quilter; she is from New Zealand, and provides a video tutorial that walks you through the entire process of making this little bag.  You can view the video by clicking here. It couldn't be easier to follow her through the steps. The entire video is just about 15 minutes long. The only unusual component required is a metal tape measure which is cut and used to make the snap-closure. Coincidentally, I happened to have an old one put back in my craft drawer and zip-zip! I was done in no time!

This fabric will look familiar as it is what was left over from the Beatle Bag I shared in my previous post. And since my machine was still threaded with red thread, this seemed the logical fabric to use.

One variation I added was the quilting. I'd just done some quilting on the aforementioned Beatle Bag, and I thought it would be a nice accent on this little ditty. It took very little extra time at all, and I am pleased with the result.

I have an idea that this will be a little gift for someone, and it was so fast, I could easily make many more for other gifts. You really should watch that tutorial, and try it yourself!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Those little bags are so useful for all sorts of things I've found.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!