Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Those Other UFOs

In the tub with the June UFO, I mentioned that I'd found 2 others stored with it. Just real quickly I will show them to you.

This wall hanging or table topper has me puzzled. I apparently was hand quilting it and just stopped. Hmmm. I can't imagine why, as it's pretty enough. I don't recall a thing about the making of this - what pattern I used, when I did it, etc. I do recall that I bought the background fabric in Michigan when Kay and I went to a quilt show. How long ago was that??? Maybe over 20 years? I am going to take this out and work on it. There's just no sense in leaving a project so close to being finished lay around in a tub for 20 years.
The color looks a bit washed out here, but you can see the quilting.
The only other thing in the tub was this. Was I going to do more? I remember buying these fabrics after seeing a sample made in a store in Portsmouth. That might have been 20 years ago, give or take. I didn't do a very precise job of matching my points, I see. I still have some of these fabrics in the fat-quarter drawers. Maybe I will add to this until I run out of fabric, then call it a day. Quilt it; bind it; say it's a doll quilt - maybe?

My mother had a hip replaced yesterday, coming through with flying colors. I will be spending some of today at the hospital with her. I will, of course, take some stitching.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!