Monday, June 1, 2015

Hello June!

(From Sandra Boynton's Facebook page.)
 I am scratching my head this morning and wondering how we have so quickly turned the calendar to June.

The UFO Challenge is rolling right along. Some of my first 5 are finished; others are not. The June project for me is a relatively easy one. So much so, in fact, that I wonder why I never finished it in the first place.

I put my archaeologist's hat on again, and went digging. (This is becoming a habit, I fear!) I really had no idea where this UFO had been hiding for the last 10 or 15 years.


I found it in a tub with two other UFOs. I make it look like I'm organized, but it's all a ruse, believe me!


I remember thinking while making this that it went together so quickly and effortlessly. At 17-inches square, it should have. It is yet another Thimbleberries pattern (I have ga-zillions of her books and patterns); they are so well written and easy to follow. The colors in mine are red and dark navy, but the picture in the book has green with the red. I didn't want mine to have a Christmas look, so I went with the navy. The pattern is called Hearts In the Corner from this book:

So I will work on finishing this off in June - an easy task to accomplish, I think. Will I machine quilt it? Hand quilt it? Make it into a pillow? A table topper? A wall hanging? We shall see.

I hope you have a productive month!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!