Saturday, May 30, 2015

Off to a Baby Shower

One of my Frienzies is soon to become a first-time Grandma and today I am attending a baby shower for the mother-to-be. Of course, baby will be getting a home-made gift.


The shower invitation indicated that instead of a card attached to each gift, a signed children's book should be used. Isn't that a clever idea? This English teacher and avid reader is all on board with this trend, if that's what it is.

And speaking of clever ideas - I got this from Pinterest. Take cloth diapers and measure the size of the padded part. Cut juvenile print to fit, folding under a quarter-inch or so. Then attach to the cloth diaper with strips of matching ribbon. Voila! A set of burp cloths! I had so much fun making these. I will have to say though for anyone out there who might be somewhat OCD about straightness, evenness and order - cloth diapers are not particularly well made. I think they are made to serve their purpose and the straightness of the stitching and hemming is haphazard at best. So, just go with it; that's what I say.


And now I must find a gift bag and be on my way! Have a great Saturday!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!