Saturday, April 11, 2015

What We Made - Canter's Cave Retreat

You saw the 2 projects I worked on at the retreat in yesterday's post. Today I will show you what all the other girls made. I am sure I missed some things, but you will get a good feel for the variety of projects coming together.

Sheryll made several of these Burgoyne Surrounded blocks for a quilt she is doing.
Susan was making a baby quilt. The pattern is the exact same pattern I was making with my 19th C. Reds kit - Duck in the Pond, I believe it's called.

Sharon O. was making little stars.

Terry  made two sets of fireman pillowcases - her husband and her son are both volunteer firemen.

JoAnn  made a pillow cover for her porch swing cushion.
Laura worked on paper piecing a whole slew of these blocks. The strips are made with 3/4" strips. Narrow. Very narrow.

Jan worked on completing the panels from a recent blog hop she participated in.

By the second day, Susan had her baby quilt top together.

JoAnn worked on this scrappy 9-patch quilt.

Terry made a bag.

Susan made a matching game for her little ones at Sunday School.

The paper-piecing bug bit others, too. Laura tutored Sheryll through the process of making these two blocks. Sheryll worked hard and caught on in no time.

Jan got her remaining panels finished and even got the top put together! Those black dividing strips really help to contain all the wildness in the colors and patterns.

Sharon finished several of her star blocks.

I expect I've overlooked some things. I know JoAnn began her bag on Thursday morning. Susan made more matching game squares. Terry did a Jelly Roll race quilt. I will have to see if my pictures came out.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!