Saturday, March 28, 2015

Planning Ahead

In a couple of weeks, several of my quilting friends - most of which consist of the Frankfort girls - will be heading out for Canter's Cave and a 3-day quilt retreat. We did this last April, and at that time we booked for the same time this year. Already, a year has passed and we are looking ahead to another productive retreat.


In the spirit of having stuff cut and ready to sew, I spent most of Thursday cutting out a kit that is at least 4 years old. It has been sitting off to my left every time I sit at the sewing machine, reminding me that it needs to be sewn. I put it on the goals list for 2015, and there's no time like a good, long retreat to get something like this done.



All tucked up and ready to sew. Initially, this looked quite involved, but in actuality, there are a few 9-patch units, a few 3-rail units, a few HST units, and sashing. I will just break it down into the easy parts, and then stitch 'em all up. I won't let it be a daunting task.

Our internet has been offering very spotty service the last couple of days. I don't like it when I can't access my games and blogs! No posting and no reading! :(

I did,  however, have a book already downloaded through Overdrive, and listened to it whilst cutting. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith was a very enthralling mystery. And guess what?! Robert Galbraith is the pen name of . . . J.K. Rowling. Yes, that is correct. She does a fabulous job with the mystery genre; our book club met yesterday to discuss this book, and we all agreed it was a wonderful read.


I am off to the quilting room to sew some purple Kaffe blocks. I hope to have an update on that tomorrow.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!