Thursday, March 19, 2015

Continuing The FWQ Countdown

I set a goal to make 25 Farmer's Wife Quilt blocks by the end of March. I didn't even start on them until Saturday. I've been rather steady about doing them, and now I can add 2 more to the completion list.


I cut these out on Sunday and stitched them Tuesday while Sharon was here. The top one is called Big Dipper; the bottom one is called Broken Dishes. Or is it the other way around? I think I have it right, but I'm a bit pressed for time to go check now. If I find that I am wrong, I will correct. This should bring me down to 17 blocks remaining to be made before the end of the month. I'm chugging right along, aren't I?

We are off to spend a portion of the day at a sports bar watching March Madness. A bunch of my side of the family always takes over one section of this place and stays the entire day. I have gone once before, but we won't make a full day of it. Most of my family are extreme diehards when it comes to basketball and the NCAA tournament. We will have a good time, and if a few of the teams I've selected for my bracket happen to win, well, that's all the better!

Added June 7, 2017: an update on this endeavor can be found here. 

Added October 2, 2017: I finally finished! See the reveal by clicking here! Thanks for following my progress! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. Sew, I just happened to see this on Pinter estate and wondered if you were able to get the 25 made on time? ;-) I have the book and had it spiral bound but not started the blocks yet. Thinking one a week might be a good goal for a start. I've been sewing all my life but machine piecing quilts now for only a year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!