Saturday, February 21, 2015

Retail Therapy!

It has been a long, long time since I have shopped for fabric. I have been holding onto a gift certificate that DH gave me as a Christmas gift to Old Town Fabrics; yesterday (Friday) seems like a good day to cash it in!

With all the snow we have had this week, and with more falling today, buying a fabric called 'Snowbird' seems fitting. A specific purpose has already been established for this lovely yardage. Sharon P. and I have agreed that we'd both use our Snowbird fabric to make the same quilt - Confetti Stars by Thimbleberries. This is the same pattern that all of our retirement quilts have been made from, so we know it well.

Sharon plans to make her quilt very scrappy, with lots of polka dots. My version will be more orderly, with more florals. Referring to the picture, the navy floral is what I will use as my border. The small-print neutral will be the background for my star blocks. The light blue floral will be the setting triangles, and the beige floral will be the backing. The remaining parts - the stars and the setting squares - will be made with the stash I already had on hand, which I purchased last June after quilt camp.

Our finish date for Snowbird Stars is the end of March. I will definitely share our finishes here. It will be fun to see the differences in our approach to this pattern.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Quel beau choix de tissus,j'adore!
    Nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your fabric choices. and who doesnt need a little retail therapy once in a while?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!