Friday, February 20, 2015

Mom's Wall Hanging

I found the UFO for January, yet I went to work on something I started for Mom. She got the coupon in the Christmas drawing, and I don't want to take forever to get the gift done for her. I started, but haven't worked very diligently on it since. Click here to read about the beginning.

So I sewed some more HSTs, pressed them open, and sewed two together which formed these little units.

The next step was to create rows. Above are all the rows, freshly pressed and matched to an acceptable neighbor. I am making Mom's wall hanging a bit larger than the one shown in the patten.

I definitely have more than I will need. Mom's wall hanging isn't going to be a big thing (unless she wants it big), so I will take what's left over and make one for myself! I still have squares that have yet to be sewn into HSTs, so there are plenty.

This morning I have quilting at Sharon O's. It will be nice to get out to visit; I have not been anywhere this entire week since Sunday.  The weather this week has cancelled both my Monday and Wednesday classes; all meetings I had scheduled were cancelled, too. I don't think DH and I have gotten on each other's nerves too much. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!