Saturday, January 31, 2015

Goodies for a Baby Boy

A week or so ago, I shared here a baby quilt I made in the "race quilt" style with a jelly roll. The pic I used was a bit dark, so I've edited it to brighten it up a bit. Here's the improved view.


I had about a half a jelly roll left over from the quilt I made 2 years ago when Sharon's grandson Flynn was born. I even had the batting set aside just waiting on the birth or pending birth of the next baby boy in my circle of friends and acquaintances. I am going to a Super Bowl sale tomorrow at our local Ben Franklin to buy some flannel for the backing. Then I will get busy quilting. (I seem to be on a roll with machine quilting these smaller projects--strike while the iron's hot, I suppose!)

Even after making this quilt, a bit of the jelly roll remained, so I decided to make a matching changing pad. It's all finished and ready for the baby shower. (This pic is unedited, but it's all the same jelly roll.)

This changing pad measures a little over 21"x25" and will suit quite well for baby's needs. A bonus gift! Just the kind of surprise I like! I will wrap this up along with a couple of packs of diapers, and Voila! Gift is ready to go.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. great finish. love to try the jelly roll race. I normally dont buy them but this year Missouri Quilt tempted me and I now own 3 of them. ooooo the possibilities.....

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!