Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Daring to Dream

Lately, I have been thinking about goals for quilts to make in the new year. Invariably, however, this leads me - at least for awhile - to ponder the ultimate quilts. You know what I mean, I think. Those fantastic quilts that are just so amazing that they dare you to dream about making them yourself. Do you ever have such wild dreams??

When I ponder the quilts that I 'someday' would love to make, here are a few that come to mind. I will just show you pictures - explanation is unnecessary, because I would be willing to bet that many of you quilters out there have the same awe and desire and admiration for these quilts that I do.



Either Bella, Bella (above) or Viva (below); not both. 




 In 2008 (if memory serves), I attended a Ricky Tims seminar in Tennessee, and I saw this Rhapsody Quilt in person. It is utterly breathtaking. I have a similar book for it, but not this precise pattern.




Don't worry. I won't be tackling any of these in the new year. I have far too many UFOs to attend to this coming year - yes, we are doing another UFO challenge. Someday, though, I do hope that I can see myself actually doing more than just dream about making one of these quilts.

I'm dreaming, yes.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Jayne, those are fine dreams. I've been working on
    Dear Jane this last
    year so it's now
    on my UFO list - nothing new.

    Best wishes on finishing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But we must have dreams, I'm sure there is some quote about that but my Bartlet's is in the other room. Those are fabulous quilts to dream about.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!