Thursday, August 14, 2014

Still Hangin' Around

I don't know if you pay attention to how long it takes me to finish things. I certainly hope not. I seriously doubt that anyone does, and let's just keep things that way, if you don't mind. I really do allow projects to hang around way, way too long.

I began Eventide in late June at Quilt Camp. I spent about a day cutting out what seemed like endless parts. I have not been following the directions as they were written, and maybe that has slowed my progress somewhat.The pattern, which is by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company, instructs you to make all the sub-units first. But I want to have a star! Right now! So I made enough sub-units for one star, made the star, and just kept on doing it that way.

The trouble comes when I am away from it for awhile - I forget what I'm doing, what I've done, and how I did it!

Here we are in mid-August, and I should have this quilt top together by now. Yet I find myself still making parts and sub-units. I suppose I let too many other things take my attention away from regular stitching. Since the end of June, I have had the following things interrupting my attention to Eventide:
1. Cleaning and prepping for the fraternity bash
2. Making pillows
3. Cleaning out Grandma's closet
4. Finding a place for the stuff from that closet
5. Writing for the Historical Society
6. Trying to stay caught up with 2 quilt alongs
7. Trying to finish things for the UFO challenge

Not big stuff, to be sure, but stuff nonetheless. And then I also do a fair amount of running around whenever the offer is made. I've spent several afternoons at a friend's pool, a day at the Columbus Parade of Homes, an evening Reds/Indians game, Frienzie activities - well, you get the picture.

And, let's not forget - I am a world-class procrastinator, too. 

Why don't I quit blabbing, and just show you some pictures of Eventide? Good idea!

These blocks feature the half-square triangle in each corner. These are sprinkled through the quilt.

Here's a close up of one.
I've laid out blocks for the center portion of the quilt on the guest bed. I'll be rearranging these to distribute the colors a bit better. On each vertical side of this section are borders of red quarter-square triangles. I am currently making those.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! I love your fabric choices. Is it a Christmas line? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks Jayne. I've always loved that pattern. There just aren't enough hours in the day and days in a week are there? Way too many fun things to do and make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Jayne. As for how long it takes to finish, I always think it's more important to enjoy what you're doing, so, if that means sprinkling in other things (quilty or not) then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how it is coming along. keep track? hmmmm........I have some UFOs that may be old enough to vote! just sayin

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!