Friday, August 8, 2014

Reunion Wrap-Up

I've taken a few days to recover from the big fraternity bash that my husband hosted last Saturday. We had in the range of 75-80 people, mostly alumni and active brothers, and a few wives/girlfriends.



Here's a couple of shots of where most of the activity took place. We had a great meal prepared and served by a dear friend who catered for us. Most folks congregated under the tent. You can see a couple of camping tents in the distance. DH is in blue at this front table.


Everyone involved in the planning was pleased with the turnout, and attributed it to the fact that we allowed camping. The guys could party late into the night, and not have to worry about having a designated driver to get them home or to a hotel. I am not exaggerating when I estimate that close to 50 people were still here at 8:00 Sunday morning - they were the campers. Here are a couple pictures of the dozen or so tents pitched in the woods to the east of our house. I thought this was so awesome!

It was a regular tent city out there! There was some concern about restroom facilities, and those who needed to come into the house had access to the first floor half-bath. I made DH sleep downstairs in the family room so he could hear anyone coming in; I felt like our house was somewhat "monitored" that way. It worked out just great, and the guests left the entire campgrounds just as clean as can be. No trash or cans; no destruction of any property; it couldn't have been nicer.

So that was a week ago, and I have spent this week recovering and staying busy with several appointments and obligations. I think I might be getting my blogging groove back, so come on back tomorrow to see what's been going on in my little quilting world!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, that's a lot of people. I don't think we could have that many even if I used the front garden, driveway and knocked the house down to use the ground there too.

    I hope you enjoyed it as much as everyone else seemed to? It's always difficult being the hosts isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!