Saturday, August 30, 2014

More Roman Holiday

I don't know about you, but I truly doubt that I will ever get tired of looking at quilts made with the gorgeous Roman Holiday fabric. Sharon P. and I bought ours so, so long ago, and have petted and pampered it, waiting all this time for just the right patterns worthy of cutting into it.

I recently showed you Sharon's Three Coins, made from a kit of Roman Holiday fabric. It turned out great. I have my Eventide very close to a finish - stay tuned - that will hopefully be showing up here tomorrow - and now Sharon has begun a second Roman Holiday quilt that is going to be a real stunner.

Way, way  back in 2008 - or was it 2009? - anyway, it's been awhile, we discovered this magazine on a rack and immediately recognized the bottom fabric as a piece from the Roman Holiday line. Of course, we bought the magazine, and now Sharon is actually following through and making it!




We sewed together on Tuesday and she got quite a bit done on it. What beautiful fabric. What gorgeous, beautiful fabric. Ahhh.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I have some of this fabric, too! There's a jelly roll and some yardage waiting for me to stop petting it and make something. I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!