Sunday, August 31, 2014

Deadline Met!

Earlier this afternoon, I slipped upstairs to the quilting room and put the last border on Eventide. Then I went ahead and stay-stitched the outer edges, something I really have to force myself to do. And then I pressed the dickens out of it!





 

And THAT is how you meet a deadline. This quilt has been a long, long time in the making. Fabric purchased about 6 or 8 years ago; pattern acquired just after it was released, about 2 years ago; decision made to pair fabric and pattern in June; cut out at 2014 Quilt Camp; slowly pieced through July and August. What a journey.

Now on my plate: finishing a t-shirt quilt for a friend of my mother's; putting borders on those pastel 9-patch quilts from the retreat and then quilt camp (I made 2 of them); finishing the UFOs in our challenge; getting two  quilt-alongs up-to-date.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Well done on hitting the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been quilting for years but have never stay stitched around the edge of my quilt top before putting it together. Why do you do this? I ask because I'm curious. Many of my quilts have taken a while to finish. My oldest son waited 8 years for me to finish his quilt -- from my 1st thought to actual finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jayne this is such a beauty! I love everything about it! I too stay stitch around my scrappy edges just in case it lingers as a flimsy for longer than planned (like I don't know it will!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Tide is a beautiful quilt and finishing by "deadline" has to feel good as well. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!