Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A New Purse


I spent last Wednesday sewing a new purse that I think I will offer for sale at the craft fair on May 31st. I have made two of these bags already, but I had a real brain cramp about doing this one. However, once I got going, I managed just fine.


The pattern is called a Tulip Bag. I had an older Jinny Beyer floral pulled from my stash for the outer fabric, and found the yellow/brown dot to go with it. Interestingly, it is from the Fig Tree line called A Day in the Country. (If that sounds familiar, it is the fabric line I am using for the quilt along called Wishes. I mentioned in one post that I wish I had more of the yellow and Ha! I do!!)


Back to the purse, I put some extra long handles on it, so that it will be comfortable for carrying over the shoulder. I made pockets, but I didn't overdo them. I think it is attractive, and I hope it will find a home.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it'll find a good home. The yellow dotty lining is just great and a very happy looking fabric I think.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!