Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Block - Tell It To the Stars QAL


As promised in the last post, I am sharing the accomplishments of Friday's work at Terry's. I'm participating in not one, but two, quilt alongs this year, something quite out of the ordinary for me. I suppose I was inspired by a fresh new year back there in January, and all the possibilities a new year promises.


This quilt along requires that we make 2 blocks each month, so here are my March contributions. It was an odd block to make. The construction was unlike any I'd ever made before. That center star block is on point, so the pieces that create the outer star have to be made in a rather unusual way. It went together easily enough, so if you try it, you won't be aggravated. It's just unusual.

Here are the blocks for January, February and March.

January's blocks are on the bottom, then February in the middle, and March on top. I am eager to see how they are to be set together. If you note, there is a blue print in the January blocks, but it has not been used since. I hope it returns in April's blocks.

If you are interested in making any of these blocks or doing the entire quilt along, let me hook you up with Judy at Patchwork Times. Once there, look on the sidebar (or bottom depending on the device you are using) and click on the Tell It To the Stars icon. That will link you to all the information you need to select fabric and retrieve patterns. You can't work ahead! The links aren't activated until the first of each month.

To go along with this quilt, each month in addition to the pattern, there is a question about quilting that you are supposed to answer. I have not been keeping track of when those are posted, so I have missed two of the three. Maybe when life settles down a bit, I will look back through Judy's blog and find them.

Tomorrow, I will share with you the block I made for the other quilt along.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!